Naturalisation is the legal process by which a non-British adult becomes a British citizen.
You will need to make an application to the Home Office and if you meet the requirements set out in the British Nationality Act 1981 you will then be granted British Citizenship.
The requirements for naturalisation include:
1. a set period of lawful residence in the United Kingdom,
2. possession of permanent immigration status,
3. passing the “good character” test,
4. passing the “Life in the UK” test,
5. intention to continue to live in the UK, and
5. taking an oath of allegiance to Her Majesty the Queen at a formal citizenship ceremony.
If you need further advice please contact us.