Student Visa

The new Student Visa replaces the old Tier 4 (general) Student Visa

You can apply for a student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:

If you or your close family member started living in the UK before 1 January 2021, you may be able to apply to the free EU Settlement Scheme. The deadline is 30 June 2021. Otherwise, you need a visa to study in the UK.


Irish citizens do not need to apply for a visa or to the EU Settlement Scheme.


You can do one of the following courses:

Extend Your Visa:

You may be able to extend your Student visa to stay longer and continue your course or study a new course. This includes if you currently have a Tier 4 (General) student visa. You will also usually need to show your studies will be at a higher academic level than your current course.

Contact us for further advice or if you need help with your visa applications.